I am sitting at the computer in my office as I type this, eagerly awaiting the link to the Facebook voting to begin the #SEMALaunchPad competition. There are plenty of other tasks at hand, but 98.7% of my brain activity is focused on the SEMA Launch Pad. The other 1.3% is probably making sure I don't stop breathing, and my heart keeps pumping.
Seriously, going to the SEMA Show has been a dream since I was a boy. In November of 2015, I finally attended the show with my wife. The SEMA Show was so big and we walked so much, she didn't go days two or three. By day four, my feet and knees were destroyed, the show was over, and I still didn't get to see everything. To say I was amazed would be an understatement.
I was also a little sad. I went to the show to check it out and see how MC² could do with a booth. My honest assessment was that we were not ready for a show of this magnitude. MC² is a small company with a small budget to match, no way we could compete for attention amongst the circus spectacle I had just witnessed. I thought maybe in a few years we would be ready, but certainly no plans would be made to go to the 2016 show. They say if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
Fast forward to June 2016, and I open an email to find out I have been selected as a semifinalist for the SEMA Launch Pad competition. I almost forgot I applied a few months earlier, and now I'm being flow to Vegas to attend the Exhibitors Summit and film a video for the Facebook voting competition! Does it get any better than this? Yes, by being a finalist! The top ten finalist get a kiosk booth at the 2016 SEMA Show, and a chance to present their business to a panel of judges.
The winner of the grand prize gets:
- SEMA News: One full-page, four-color ad.
- SEMA eNews: One full-page article
- SEMA YEN Member News: Featured section in one article
- SEMA Show: Turn-key Exhibit Space with Premium Placement in the 2017 SEMA Show*
- SEMA Garage: One full day of photography studio usage and up to three hours of free custom scanning services.
- SEMA Data Co-op: 50% off Supplier monthly membership fees for your first year. Up to a $3,600 value.
- SEMA Education: One video feature in SEMA's "BizTips" video series.
- SEMA Manufacturers' Rep Network: Distribution/sales support consultation meeting.
- HOT ROD Magazine: A page equivalent advertisement in HOT ROD Magazine and 200k banners on the HOT ROD network.
- Family Events: Event-level sponsorship package to either a Family Events truck and off-road group property or a Family Events performance car group property.
This is a huge opportunity for MC², and I need your help to get to the finals.
Please follow the link and vote for me. I can't do it without your support. Thank you!